Monday, July 5, 2010

It's been a crazy last couple weeks! We have finally formulated a plan for moving to Eugene. My last day of work here in Arizona is July 24th. I'll then be packing up a few belongings and heading north for a month. It'll be fun, but I'll be alone while Shelli stays to wrap things up with her job- pretty sucky for both of us.

While I'm there, I'll be starting work at the Benton Lane Winery and helping to bottle last year's vintage. I'll have a little time before that begins and a little time after it's over to find a place for me and Shelli to live. I have been very busy looking for someone that would be able to rent a place to me, but am sure someone will pull through soon. Hopefully I'll meet someone that can give me an idea of which areas we might like to live in.

Another interesting development... I just turned 26. Holy Crap!! I know it's relatively young these days, but I can't help but to realize that I'm over a quarter of a century old. I have a lot to learn in the years to come, and am looking forward to some new and enriching experiences when we move to Oregon.

Enough depressing stuff. Now I'm going to make a suggestion for a movie to watch. Available on netflix's streaming video: 180 Degrees North. It's an inspiring documentary that takes you to Easter Island, Chile, and finally Patagonia. The guy who is narrating it is a surfer/climber, who is taking a trip to Patagonia to climb this really tall and impossible mountain. There's a little romance thrown in, which is sure to be a hit with the lady viewers. Bottom line: If you enjoy the outdoors, adventure, and extreme sports, you will probably like this movie.

That's all I can think of that's happening right now that is worth blogging about. Here's a picture of me practicing the guitar...its nice to have my fingers back in shape again- it's a lot more fun to play when you aren't in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment