Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 2 - San Francisco

It's 7:30am in San Francisco, and I just woke up.  I'm sipping my coffee in my hotel room and recollecting my thoughts from the day before.  The hostel I was planning on staying in was completely booked- which is okay because I got a better deal on a clean queen bed in a Marirott thanks to our friend who is an employee.  The hotel was a little farther than I wanted to drive, but I'm here, and I'm well.  I still feel a little tired from yesterday's drive, but i think this bold black potion might do the trick.

I left Phoenix yesterday morning at 6:00am.  With only one stop in Monterey Bay for dinner with my old friends Nick and Kat, I made it to SF by about 11:00pm.  Needless to say, I was tired from the long day of driving.  To make things more interesting, the night before I left I had the most restless sleep I think I have ever experienced.  I guess the excitement and anxiety really got the best of me.  On the bright side, the same excitement and anxiety kept me awake while I was driving...I felt like a zombie, but it worked to my advantage!

I saw lots of great scenery yesterday.  Quite an array of landscapes indeed!  From the deserts of Arizona, to the windmills in Indio, on to the vineyards of Paso Robles, and finally the Pacific coast (Monterey and San Francisco).  I have a few pictures for your viewing pleasure


I still have about 10 hours of driving, and I'm enjoying relaxing in the hotel room a little longer than I probably should.  I'll be driving up the Oregon coast today, and eventually landing in Eugene.  It's quite a ways away, but I'll be there soon enough.  On the way, I'll be passing through the Redwood Forest, and should have LOTS of pictures and videos to share soon enough.  

Oyster Point, San Francisco 






No comments:

Post a Comment