Saturday, June 12, 2010

I just have time for a quick update. Since my last post, not a whole lot has happened...Shelli is still looking for jobs, as the most prospective leads have dwindled. We are still gung-ho about going, just counting on her to find a somewhat full time job.

We are waiting to find the results of the auction that was on friday. We aren't sure if the house has been purchased by an individual buyer, or if it's gone back to the bank's possession. Either way, we only have a little while left to live here.

We've got a lot of events coming up... Shelli's mom's birthday celebration is tonight, then my dad's birthday and father's day (same day), then my birthday, and shortly after is my and Shelli's anniversary. Too much to think about right now!

Some side thoughts on the BP oil spill:
So with all the oil that's devastated Louisiana in recent months, I'm wondering what will happen next. I know they haven't completely contained the gushing oil yet, and even if they do I'm still concerned about something...Hurricanes. Not so much about the damage that you expect to hear about when one occurs, but with the oil that's in the water that'll be spinning around. Is it possible that a potential hurricane can lift the oil off the surface of the water and blow it all over the inland areas? This may or may not be possible, but concerns me nonetheless. Maybe I'm paranoid? We'll see how it pans out.

Later,
-AJ


No comments:

Post a Comment